Monday, June 17, 2013

Poker face

Or that is, the lack of one.
I really don't have a poker face, nor I am a player.
More, I have been recently told, I am terrible at playing the game, because you can read on my face everything that goes on inside my head.

Needless to say, it wasn't referred to the card game poker (although I am sure that the suggestion applies).
I can't play with feelings, I am not able to manipulate people.
You'd think this is good. Apparently, it is not.


Luckily and once again, I have to thank for being such good friends, that are less naive that I am, and can (and do) watch my back.
When I complain and I say that I'm too naive, and I blame myself for that they say "It's ok, it's not a bad thing".
Or is it?
Sure, I guess that not being a selfish, self-concerned, manipulative individual that plays with other people's feeling could be seen as a good thing. 
Then why do I wish I was more like it?
When did having bad qualities became something valuable?
Sure, I am happy and proud to be an honest person. Deep down I don't really wish I was any different, but it would sure save me some troubles and heartaches.

I'll be honest and say I don't think it's any different anywhere. I don't really think that Sweden is so much worse than Italy is, or any other place, really. Just the general behaviour is different.
By this I mean that most people and what people do the most is casual sex and hook ups. Whereas the same I am sure it happens in Italy, it is much less so, at least in the small community where I come from; and this always to the extent of my knowledge anyway.
Again, I don't mean to say in the slightest that Swedish people are "manipulative players" and that doesn't happen in Italy. Quite the contrary, I am used to a society where you do get judged for having casual sex (let's be honest, it is like that), whilst here is quite common; really it's more unusual the contrary. And no one judges for that, which honestly I find quite refreshing.
So I am sure that you get players in Italy too, just you encounter them less because people don't sleep around that much. Probably this also means that the ones that lie, do that so much more and more often. 
A friend of mine knows a guy that is commonly known - admittedly not by everyone - to have multiple girlfriends at the same time. He does it constantly. He seems like he cannot bear to have only one girl at the time, and he genuinely likes them both, and just can't choose.Poor guy, I really pity him.
So, I wonder:
If everyone sleeps around anyway, which need is there to lie?
If the gal is clearly into you (guilty as charged), why make up stuff?
See, I can be innocent as you like; but I'm not that stupid. You could have gotten the girl (that is, clearly, me), if you hadn't been that idiotic. Now I'm all suspicious and probably you won't get into my panties after all. Too bad for you. Because, see; I know I can't play, so I avoid it altogether. But you think you can- when you cannot. And you just burned your chances. Too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment